Monday, February 18, 2008


The vessel I picked up from Samma's gorgeous pieces is called Drama Queen - its absolutely fabo, raku looking. I pondered it, and decided nothing should take away from the bead, so I picked out seed beads in various shapes and sizes that complemented the colors in the bead and I strung and strung and strung some more. I used the handles of the vessel to attach the beads. It was too much, the black kind of disappeared, so then I added a strand of black (in various shapes and sizes) and wrapped just above the handles in black. This was my first time using fireline, hopefully my surgeon's knots will hold! Samma's piece is a nice long one.

In Tucson I bought lots of beads, lots of spring/summer colored stones. The following piece I actually had done the stringing of the stones (lavendar, peach and green with black accents) in Tucson, but it was just too plain. So after playing with Samma's piece I said hmm, maybe I can do something similar. I added several strands of seed beads. Still not enough, so i created a wrapped centerpiece to create a focal; it still needed something, so I went through my stash of lampworks and the rose is perfect; its actually a light lavendar, the color is changing because of whats below it. This one is on the short side.