Saturday, September 08, 2007

Week 36 - Wrapped vintage swarovskis



This week I've been working like a wild woman doing classic stringing in prep for my october show, but I did take a little time and experiment with wrapping some of the swarovskis I had posted for sale in July. I'm rather pleased with how they came out! I'll be doing more of the pendants; the rings were purely an experiment, not very wearable.

When I bought the swars I wondered if the backings would come off if tumbled, and I found they do. Ann, a member of my bead club, experimented with putting a coating on the back to see if it would not come off, and it worked, woohoo! She tumbled overnight and they came out just the way they went in. This grouping I had done before doing the coating; the backing stayed on fine wherever there was wrapping, but the little tips in the back did get the coating rubbed off, proving I need to put the protection on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Nancy-these turned out beautiful!! The crystals are so gorgeous, and your wire working is the perfect finish! Love them!

hugs, chris

4:56 PM  
Blogger Patti G. said...

Nancy, you are sooooooo great at this! These look super! I love the wire work and the colorful stones! PErFEcT Combinations!
Hugs,Patti

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home