Sunday, July 15, 2007

Week 29 - Wireworked watches

I'm going to be away most of next week so I'm working ahead.

These two watches were done at the same time. I started with a face and found that 18 gauge wire would fit through the hole in the watch face (woohoo!). With the marcasite face I added a couple of marcasite sterling pieces, the other has a little western feel so I used textured sterling beads and then split the wires to create side designs, then brought the wires back together and added arge hole beads. I used boxed clasps on both, allowing for some flexibility for sizing. I wore one to work just see how durable, it felt good but not cumbersome on. I'll do more of these!


Post a Comment

<< Home