Saturday, September 30, 2006

Week 2 - Double end prong setting



Continuing with Robbie's book, after doing a few more of the single prong setting, I tackled the double end. This is too much fun! Again, my wire size is larger than recommended so my baskets keep coming out bigger than expected. I have some nice stones but for learning I decided I needed to find an alternative so I don't use them up; the next closest thing to gemstones that I found in my stash are swarovskis. The margaritas and top drilled rounds are poifect for playing with! So I made my basket, put in the crystal and started twisting. I was not going for what I ended up with, but when I got done I just smiled; doesn't it look like a woman with an attitude? :) I stuck a headpin in the hole for a 'nose', she makes me happy! I can see I need to do a little something better for the back, the 'nose' swirl is pretty ugly.


I will be doing more of these, until I get some more gemstones!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

OHHH NANCE!! This is fabulous!! Reminds me of a butterfly ... your scroll work is just something fantastic!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Patti G. said...

Nancy, I love the wire work! This is pretty! I almost see an art doll in this!!!! :0) Hugs,Patti

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home