Sunday, April 09, 2006

Week 29 - Lampworks and more lampworks



This week's focus for my open house was lampworks. I have a couple few thousand (ok, slight exaggeration, but not much). I did a variety of sets, some wireworked, some classic stringing, some gold, some silver, my focus wireworked piece this week is in copper, something new for me. This is a lovely set of lampworks was created by my friend Debbie Givens (ebay seller dgg112). She does great work, and I love the new square press she got! This set of beads is black and ivory and turqouise with goldstone, the goldstone was close enough to copper for me to use copper with it. I played with doing some squiggles on a couple of the pieces, I didn't want to take away from the beauty of the glass. The other is picture is a sample (yes, I was very busy this week) of the classic strung lampworks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home