Saturday, March 11, 2006

Week 25 - Gold filled earrings



I've scheduled my spring open house for april 29th, so everything I do between now and then is geared towards filling in my inventory. This week I worked on gold filled earrings. These are a few examples of what I created using 18 and 20 gauge wire with stones and swarovski crystals. Simple, wearable, everyday earrings. First picture from left to right vasuvinite, kyanite, swarovskis, second picture amethyst, citrine, swarovskis. for the smaller hoops I used 20 gauge wire, and formed it around a fat pen, for the larger hoops I used 18 gauge wire, forming it around my hammer head. I used a variety of items to finish the hoops, in some I use chain, some jump rings. For the citrine set I wirewrapped the 18 gauge with 26 gauage. I love the look but it takes forever!! I try to vary the designs so they aren't all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home